10 April 2011

April Showers bring Baby Showers

My great friend Janelle is having a baby!! Check out her blog called 'The Bump is Only the Beginning'.




Now... I went online to check out her gift registry... and I decided on my gift theme.




Baby Bathing.

I always feel as though the mother should benefit from the gifts at a baby shower... yes yes she doesn't have to buy them herself and yes that is nice. Regardless, really I want to give her something that will make her days easier, make mothering easier and make her enjoy the time with her baby more often and well Baby Bath Time is just so fun.




So i went to Babies R Us and I had a budget set. I could not find the registered baby bath so I went with the best I could find... a 4 stage newborn to toddler bather... and it transforms!


now to figure out how to make it presentable without wrapping it (i didn't buy wrapping paper)

so i swaddled the sponge frog (the sponge is the newborn bathing stage) in the Posy flower towel, which matches the nursery, with the Johnson's and Johnson's bathing products, because there is nothing better than a baby washed in J&J

and seeing how Janelle and Jason (the parents) = J&J, its just that much better.
Next I swaddled the smaller items in the washcloth and put it next to the frog.  I set up the Baby Bath with the bath cradle inside it to create a resting place for the Baby Frog. 
With the Frog laying at an angle and the smaller items next to it I merely filled in the empty spaces with the additional items.
Johnson & Johnson's Baby Travel Kit 
and since I couldn't resist... a few pairs of so cute socks from newborn stage to 12 months (can't have too many pairs of socks)

So here is the end result... a baby bath full of baby bathing gifts.  My solution to my own decision "NO WRAPPING"

No comments:

Post a Comment