30 July 2010

Wednesday, or maybe it was Thursday.

1. woke up around 730...threw on clothes and headed to chow. Chow sucks here. I thought it was internationally known that brits have bad food. Our Chow contract is through KBR UK. Bad idea to begin with and it hasn't gotten any better.

2. Ate at my desk while I checked over the days events and driving missions... the General's MA (Military Assistant) and I chat about the boss' schedule and coordinating missions.


3. my day was busy I have to re-do our office's web page, basically find someone to show me how or do it themselves. The IT guys are always fun so i chatted with them about the issue and hung out for a bit.





4. MA and i decided since the boss was off at a meeting and we didn't have to go we would tackle the days problems over coffee. off we went... passing UK Army trucks on the way...


5. The General told me that his finances and Army pay didn't look right and asked me to check into it... its too hot outside to walk all around post. so i drove. SC National Guard is in charge of the US troops....well they solve all the US issues and do our paperwork.


6. About lunch time Jeremiah called and was hungry... so lunch at the Thai restaurant it was... I'm in Afghanistan I promise but we have this great little Thai restaurant :) we get the same thing every time. i'm not even sure what the name is, they see us and know to bring the usual.

7. Then I wanted to go carpet shopping... i looked at Kilim designs; its a closed knot weave and more durable, usually out of Herat, Western Afghanistan. Jeremiah didn't last very long in the rug store and i'm just getting ideas and window shopping so on we went...
8. the rest of my day was a tummy ache blur. I did more work... coordinated for an upcoming meeting and tackled the office restructuring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment