30 July 2010

Thursday...maybe. Mission

Mornings typically start out with around the office and such... LTC Albanese is my part father figure, part guidance counselor and all gargoyle. He mentors and protects and of course has the joke and task for me more often than not... we chatted about your blog, he showed pics of his wife's trip to NY
and we discussed if the boss was in a good mood or not.

Since I have mission I always get things set up and ready for the trip. Hey you, this is me. Radio check, over. Driving isn't usually stressful, always interesting conversations going on in the background and passengers are always interested in their surroundings. Since I'm the only female driver i have to hold my own. The radion dispatcher is a French Sergeant.
he sends out the occasional joke but the heavy accent drowns out any possible comprehension.
ok I was caught off guard and do not feel this picture is a good representation of how cool I look...

so anyhow... my boss is the one and only boss with 2 females in his immediate staff... yes we are quite amazing and we are the talk of Afghanistan. Any time the MA and I are in the vehicle driving without him or other men he gives us the stern "make sure you look like men when you are driving together! I don't want people to know 2 women are in the vehicle alone together!". Everywhere he goes he has one or both of us with him. Lucky guy right :)


Once we reached our destination the Generals went off to their meeting and we went for coffee a reward we enjoy as frequently as possible, this is the best coffee in Afghanistan and the outdoor seating has a great view of the offices and street below. it was PERFECT weather! In addition to my required military gear I have added to my stash, 1) Nikon D90, 1) MacBookPro, 1) iPod touch and as many books, decks of cards, movies and pens as I can find. Coffee isn't always available and the long hours sitting around in a truck melt my brain.


since most meetings are at our location or this one we always run into people. This is Pierre the GERMAN! yeah. he's German and his name is Pierre. Poor guy.

not the most exciting day but its always good to get out on mission and out of the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment